Friday, August 17, 2007

Green tea for free

Ok my title is a little misleading since this is not about how to get free green tea, but who can resist a rhyme? Ever since discovering green tea lattes and frappuccinos at Starbucks I have been wondering how to make one at home. It can't be that hard right? Well I think today I have perfected the art of the homemade green tea latte. The one catch is that you have to go out an buy Macha or powdered green tea. I found it in bulk at my local natural foods market for $3.75 an ounce. Take the Macha and mix a good size teaspoon with about 8oz milk and mix well. You can warm up your milk first if you want to have a hot latte. Add a shot of vanilla syrup or if you must 2 teaspoons of sugar, although I warn you it is better with vanilla syrup. Add ice and serve. To me it is a dead ringer for Starbucks. If you want to make a frappuccino add a little extra sugar and blend in the blender. Enjoy these drinks before it gets too cold for them. (who wants frappuccinos or iced lattes in the rain?)

No comments: