Saturday, February 2, 2008

Back to G.O.

Just two posts ago I mentioned the Grocery Outlet and gave it only a so-so review. Well tonight I have a good find from them so maybe I need to amend my previous comments. Dan and I were in Kent and stopped by the local G.O. in hopes of finding some cut-rate whole wheat flour. Instead Dan walked out with a new pair of Teva tennis shoes.


Now Dan's standards for shoes are not that high. You may remember that he has been wearing shoes for the last 6 months or so that he found on the street and previous to that he mostly relied on his brother's cast offs. Since his shoes were getting old and since the Tevas were only $25 (they normally run around $100) he went for it. Although this definitely qualifies as a good find I am still on the fence about the Grocery Outlet. Just think about it, we went in for baking supplies and came out with shoes. Its hard to understand how that kind of impulse purchasing would happen at your local Safeway.

No comments: