Thursday, January 22, 2009

Next Generation of Savers

Hannah has a very positive association with the thrift store. For her its a place where you can dig and touch stuff without mom constantly saying "no, put that down please." While I am glad she enjoys our little trips I also find that she always wants to bring something home. I rarely say yes, but sometimes cave. (I remember from one of my psych classes in college that intermittent rewards create the strongest conditioning, so I am not doing myself any favors here.) Here she is with a pink bunny bank. I really have no idea why I would have said yes to this request and not others. It was only $1, but I think beyond that I had some fantasy that she would start saving money because of this bank. Predictably she sort of forgot about it the next day, but at least I got a cute picture out of it. (I can't remember why we were in the laundry room for this? )

No comments: