Friday, January 13, 2012

More stroller goodness



This is not supposed to be a blog entirely about strollers, yet somehow that seems to be what its ending up as. We recently added another 1 year old to our family via the foster system. We had previously sold our double stroller when our middle child got old enough to walk to the park. My sister in law (also very thrifty) scored this BOB double jogging stroller for free. It's a very nice stroller, but in bad shape. It needed quite a bit of work and it wasn't something she wanted to invest her time in so she passed it on to me. It sat on our back porch for awhile until it our newest little one arrived and we truly needed it. Dan and I were able to fix it up with one evening's work. He fixed the breaks, inflated the tires, cut off the shredded handlebar pad and replaced it with some bike handlebar tape. I stitched up every tear I could find and scrubbed off the mildew. We managed to totally take apart the top piece and wash the cover in the washing machine. I'm pretty happy with the results. Its obviously used, but still a great stroller which works great. Since this retails for $500 and it only costs us a couple hours work I think it was well worth it.

No comments: