Monday, September 17, 2007

Long time between posts means lots of finds

Well once again I find myself going too long between posts. I hate reading blogs that are always apologizing for not posting, but here I am doing it myself. Maybe this is a lesson about removing the speck from my own eye...Anyway, I did have some good finds last week. The best one was another trash find. I was taking out my recycling, ok actually I was digging through the recycling to find a paper bag to wrap a box in (I hate to admit that, but its the truth) and I found this cool stationary set:
It has an unused hand sewn journal and some paper and envelopes in a really nice box. Sort of hostess gifty. I grabbed it an under it was a printer cartridge still sealed in its box. I posted the printer cartridge and already sold it for $10. (so no pic) Its so weird. No one would throw away $10, why would they throw away something that so clearly could be used by someone else? Anyway, that is all my garbage finds for the week. Just to be clear, I don't dig through people's garbage to find all this stuff, it just seems to come to me. It does kind of make me wonder what I could find if I did dig though....

I found this votive candle holder at the Goodwill on Dearborn. It was pretty heavy, which is usually a good sign for quality. It had a name on it - Kosta Boda - which I had never heard of, but it was in great shape so I got it for $1.99. I came home and found out this normally sells for $40. I think I will try to sell it on Ebay.

And finally a totally random freebie. At the Fair this year they were giving out these "gardening gloves." They are camo and have a picture of a hunter on the label so they may actually be hunting gloves, but beggars can't be choosers right?
Well those were my blog worthy finds this week, but stay tuned, because I already have the rest of the weeks posts planned so they'll be more to read soon.

No comments: