Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weed Control

DD's feet are growing like weeds. (as are the actually weeds surrounding our garden.) Just recently we were given a pair of new Keen sandals for her. They seemed really big so I considered exchanging them for a smaller size. Now I am pushing to get them on her feet. This occurrence has necessitated more kids shoes. I am starting to think there is a conspiracy to get parents to spend lots and lots of money on shoes. Sizing seems intentionally random. We have some potential kids shoes in her size (in theory at least) waiting in the wings*, but they are too big. I found these cute kid shoes at Goodwill for $2 and got them with the hope that they would fit.
They are leather and seemed solid even if a little warn. Plus they are "boy" shoes. I know this is a silly designation, but I like getting boy stuff so I can use it when baby #2 comes around. I have this premonition it will be a boy. (I also had this with baby #1 and was completely wrong, but I have a 50/50 chance so I am going with it.) Anyway they fit/look cute this week, but no promises about next week.
*thanks Kara

No comments: