Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fiesta Time

I have had a fondness for Fiestaware ever since I was introduced to them at the Bon Marche (now no longer in existence) while registering when I was engaged. They're cute, they're colorful and they can handle a pretty good amount of dropping and related abuse. (That last reason may be the main reason why they are our dishes) Occasionally I see Fiestaware in thrift stores, but it is usually way over priced and in the "collectibles" section. The other week at Goodwill I saw some priced at almost twice the retail value. (and I'm not talking about vintage pieces in retired colors) Last week at my local Lifelong AIDS Alliance thrift store I saw these bowls:
I loved the turquoise color and they were $2.99 each, which isn't a fabulous deal, but at least its around 50% off retail. I snatched them up and paid before I changed my mind. As I left the store I had a tiny bit of buyer's remorse since I am trying to avoid filling our home with too much stuff too soon, but once I got them home I decided I was glad I bought them. Plus today is our anniversary and I figured it was nostalgic or something to continue to add to our wedding "china".

No comments: