Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Recently a friend was doing a shift cleaning out his son's preschool for the end of the school year. He gave me a call when he saw a large pile of usable stuff that was going into the dumpster. This is one of the advantages of cultivating a reputation as a trash picker. I have gotten numerous calls alerting me to great free stuff. And just the other week (month?) my brother-in-law carefully unwrapped his birthday present so he could save the wrapping paper for me. How thoughtful. Anyway, one of the things they were going to throw out was this baby stroller (the cabbage patch kid was mine from childhood):
DD is obsessed this these things. She can get a little feisty about them when we go over to a friend's house who has one. I thought maybe having one of her own would relax her a little bit and she would be more able to share when we are out and about. Now ,of course, when any friend comes over she has a hard time sharing hers and anyone who dares touch it is met with a round of "NO MINE, MINE, MINE!" So this free find gives us many wonderful teachable moments. Bonus.

No comments: