Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuck this one away

Recently I was back at the old apartment building visiting a friend and gathering mail. I got nostalgic to see free stuff in the entry way and helped myself to the complete 1st season of the show Nip/Tuck, a show about plastic surgeons.
Since we don't have a TV I am pretty much open to any and all TV on DVD I can get, but I should have known that this show wasn't for me when it was described on the box as "utterly fearless." I have admittedly watched some HBO shows that could be described that way and enjoyed them, so I figured, why not. Well I will tell you why not- they show footage of people GETTING THEIR FACE CUT OPEN! (I had to resort to the internet equivalent of yelling there. Sorry, but that is how gross it was) We're talking knives, blood, fat, hospital gowns, the whole bit. I got about 10 minutes into the first episode and had to admit that I was not fearless enough to watch this show. If anyone else is interested let me know and I will pass it on, but you've been warned.

No comments: