Friday, December 30, 2011

I have had good luck with baby gear in part because I can spot nicer brands and high quality pieces pretty easily. I saw this baby bouncer and was hopeful. I like the simply design. Most of the mass produced bouncy seats are obnoxious colors and have many toys hanging all over them. The bent plywood is a modern hallmark as well. The brand was Svan, which I was not familiar with and it said made in Sweden so I took a risk. Anything that is obviously gendered (like this pink) is harder to sell, but this was priced at $4.99, which was an amount I was prepared to lose. When I looked it up at home I was disappointed to find out it is brand that is sold at Babies R Us and Target, meaning there may not be much of a resale demand. However the new price was pretty high ($119), so I gave it a shot. I did have to lower the price once, but I eventually sold it on craigslist for $40, which is a good profit.

No comments: