Saturday, December 31, 2011

Couch Conundrum

Have I mentioned that I have 3 children under 5? I also have a love for mid-century modern design and vintage goods. However there is no way I am going to spend the amount it costs to get an awesome mid-century couch and then allow my 3 children to sit on it. (or allow myself to drink coffee on it) We have had an Ikea couch in our living room since this summer when we installed new floors and sold a lot of our old furniture. I hated that couch. It was uncomfortable and not really cute and belonged in our playroom for kids to make forts out of the cushions. I have searched craigslist a little, but did not find what I was looking for in my price range. At the thrift store I recently came across this couch. Not entirely awesome, but it has a right shape and was decent enough to last us until our youngest is old enough to be trusted near a nicer couch. It was priced at $100, but I had a 20% off coupon so we paid $80.

No comments: