Thursday, December 29, 2011

Snow day prep



It has not (and maybe will not) snow in Seattle yet this year. If it does snow everything in the city will be shut down and no one will be expected to do anything. Also it will melt the following day. Despite this the parent in me feels like I must stock up on snow boots when found at the thrift store. Shoes are one of those things that you can never find in the size you need when you need it (at least for kids whose shoe size keeps changing). So when I find good, not too worn shoes in the kids' upcoming sizes I buy them. These Sorel snow boots would have probably fit my son and daughter next winter. I found them at Goodwill for $4.99 and $5.99 repectively. However they were taking up room in the drawer I have ear marked for upcoming shoes and snow boots are not what I would consider essential in Seattle unless you are a snow adventurer which I am decidedly not. I decided to off load them and try to make some money. I sold them together to one buyer for $45.

No comments: