Friday, August 17, 2007

Good things come to those who wait


This cookbook might look fairly ordinary, but it was quite an exciting find for me. This is a great cookbook by the Mennonites that encourages people to cook with whole foods and locally grown in season produce. In other words it is a healthy cookbook which includes things like quinoa and barley. Before you discount it all together though, it has surprisingly good tasting recipes. My friend and neighbor Kris and I both try to cook this way as much as possible, much to the chagrin of our husbands. We end up trading this cookbook back and forth multiple times a week and sometimes multiple times in one day. I found this at my local Value Village for $2.99 today. It is in new shape without any signs of use. (Perhaps the former owner was turned off by its liberal use of leafy greens) It will be a gift for Kris so we can each enjoy our own copy. If you ever see one at your local thrift store I highly recommend it.

No comments: