Thursday, August 9, 2007

Household Goods


I realize this picture is almost impossible to make out, but my newly acquired blogging instinct says a post with a picture is better than a post without so I put it up anyway. For those of you without elf-like vision (that is a reference to Lord of the Rings for those who missed it) I will interpret. The above picture is a bag of 6 new Brita water pitcher filters with a $2.99 price tag. In other words, it is a picture of a very good deal. I am new to the world of water filters. It has really only been since my daughter Hannah was born that I began worrying about things like water quality and toxin leaching plastic food storage containers. The point is that I did not realize that water filters for these things can actually get fairly expensive. Sometimes more than $5 a piece. You're supposed to replace them every two months and despite my strong thrifty streak I decided if I was going to have one I needed to change the filter that often to keep it doing what is supposed to be doing. Anyway, today I found 6 filters for $3 which should last me at year. Here's to a year of mercury and other toxin free water!

No comments: