Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Or this?

Do you remember this toy? Or how about the other ones I posted above? I have all of a sudden gotten into nostalgic Fisher Price toys. It could be the recent birth of my offspring, who knows. Anyway, these toys now seem to scream out to me at thrift stores. I have the fondest memories of playing with my little people sets for long periods at a time. In my memory it was hours, but given children's attention span it could have actually been 15 minutes. Some can be found easily but more and more they are becoming rare. This activity center above I have seen once before, but that is it. It costs $1.99 at Goodwill. That is the good thing about these toys, thrift stores don't seem to realize that there is a growing number of people who are now collecting them so the prices remain pretty low. Now I have an excuse to buy these when I find them since they can be for Hannah or to sell on Ebay. The truth is though I buy them because they are disappearing and I want to hang on to a little bit of my childhood before it all ends up in the dump. So sad.

No comments: